Role-Players Guild of Kansas City, Ltd. Meeting Minutes July
I. GenCon Indy 2003
- Vacant spot available in program.
- Moving hotel people around a bit.
- Getting d20 and SW delve materials from Wizards of the Coast.
- Ride coordination taken care of.
- Set-up help needed; expect to meet on Wednesday.
- No news yet on Sunday night hotel room.
II. GenCon Indy 2004
- Lists of attendees to be figured out. Proposal on table is
that volunteers come from three lists, in this order, with each
list being utilized one month after the one above it starting
in early 2004:
- Volunteers existing (from 2003)
- Members holding (those who didn't volunteer 2003)
- Others holding (those who didn't volunteer 2003)
- Things that will get you on the "Bad Volunteer" list
- Not showing up for your shift
- Trading with someone and then THAT person not showing up
for the shift traded for
- Wizards of the Coast complaining about you
- Choice of clothing (like an anti-WotC t-shirt)
- We hope to have a letter by November from WotC stating their
intentions with regards to numbers, hotel situation, badges,
- Early in the year we want a formal confirmation in writing
with the information
- The exec council has some say in who gets on the final list
if there is no immediate clear choice between two candidates.
Volunteer experience with TSR/WotC is a strong factor.
- Question discussed: Do we want to coordinate Origins, too?
Decision was no.
IV. ShaunCon (in the order in which information was
- ShaunCon is the weekend before Thanksgiving
- A few Living types were added; check with Kevin to find out
the full list.
- We need events from all you GMs out there!
- GURPS will be there.
- Rodney Olson is in charge of the non-RPGA events. If you don't
see your non-RPGA event on the website, send it in to firstname.lastname@example.org.
V. Weekend in Dyvers
- This event will be in the KC area.
- A site is being looked into for June 4-6. Suggestions? Bring
'em to the next meeting or post to the RPGKC Yahoo! group.
- The two contested spots (Seneschal and Castellan) wound up being
filled by Shaun Horner and Kevin Elmore, respectively. All other
officers remain the same: Guildmaster Alan Grimes, Hoardmaster
Danny Vitti, Scribe Miranda Horner, Overlord Rodney Olson.
VII. Guild Game Demonstrations/Participation/Conventions
- See the upcoming meetings on Guildletters home page for meeting
and game night information.
- T-shirts are available for ShaunCon (XL and XXL available);
Revenge of the Boxed Text shirts are available in M through XXL
sizes. [Editor’s note: Someone please update my size listing
by posting them to me or to the Yahoo! group. I seem to recall
someone saying we’re out of a size for one of these shirts
- If you're running a game day that is, by definition, open to
the public, please post to the Yahoo! RPGKC group. If you want
to have your game day posted on the site, please contact your
friendly Scribe with relevant details. (Check out this page for guidelines for
VIII. Coterie of the Pale Heart: No representatives available
at this meeting. More information can be found via the Coterie
link on the website or by calling (913) 384-7773 or emailing SabineKinfolk@juno.com
Agenda for August Meeting
- Discuss GenCon Indy 2004; please note that the date for it
may change due to a NASCAR event date that moved to the existing
2004 dates. This could greatly impact any people who have to
attend school. Check out the GenCon website for more information
AND to vote in a
be a Gamer vs. NASCAR enthusiast battle over hotel space and
eateries. Additionally, proposals already submitted for 2004
will be discussed AND voted upon.
- Go over any lingering GenCon Indy 2003 discussions/debriefing
- Discuss more ShaunCon stuff.
- Find out more about how Weekend in Dyvers planning and site
finding is going.