Role-Players Guild of Kansas City, Ltd. Meeting Minutes August 2003
I. ShaunCon 2003
- Kevin did research on classics; nothing sounded good.
- We need more publicity; the flyer is on the website.
- Events page: If you don't see it, John doesn't have it.
- Greyhawk Interactive should be on Saturday
- October 1st is deadline for events
- Refreshment cards will be at convention: $5.00 per card with
50 cent increments.
- Caterers want to sell food: Papa John's, Applebees, and buffet.
We need to make sure the food has some sort of discount, though.
Volunteers for food liaison are still being accepted, though
Lance might end up being "the guy."
- Minis painting contest is good to go!
- Waldenbooks has offered to let us have a cart of their books
to sell for them.
- We need a sign.
- Auction: prizes are needed.
- Dealers: We're aiming for 3 RPG/minis and 2 potpourri (as in
other stuff, not actual scented goods, though that's an option,
II. Memberships/Databases: general and techno-geek discussion
took place on this matter.
III. Gaming Opportunities web page: Go
- These are long-term games that might need players.
- Send any info you may have to John for games you're running!
IV. Weekend in Dyvers
- Still working on location
V. Guild Points
- Still working on these; we'll start from scratch if we reinstate
VI. GenCon Indy 2004
- A decision was made about how to proceed with next year's program.
Option #1 was voted in by majority vote.
VII. Guild Game Demonstrations/Participation/Conventions
- See the upcoming meetings on Guildletters home page for meeting
and game night information.
- T-shirts are available for ShaunCon (XL and XXL available);
Revenge of the Boxed Text shirts are available in M through XXL
sizes. [Editor’s note: Someone please update my size listing
by posting them to me or to the Yahoo! group. I seem to recall
someone saying we’re out of a size for one of these shirts
- If you're running a game day that is, by definition, open to
the public, please post to the Yahoo! RPGKC group. If you want
to have your game day posted on the site, please contact your
friendly Scribe with relevant details. (Check out this page for guidelines for
VIII. Coterie of the Pale Heart: No representatives available
at this meeting. More information can be found via the Coterie
link on the website or by calling (913) 384-7773 or emailing
Agenda for September Meeting
- Discuss more ShaunCon stuff.
- Find out more about how Weekend in Dyvers planning and site
finding is going.